This immersive full day experience travels the Glens of Antrim and the dramatic north coast visiting lots of locations from the series including Melisandre’s cave, an Iron Islands beaches and harbour, the Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge, the mysterious Dark Hedges and the breathtaking Giant’s Causeway.
We also provide Iron Born costumes, banners, swords and shields for when the tour arrives in Lordsport on Pyke island. Our guides were all extras in Game of Thrones® – Starks, Wildlings and one Iron Born! What is dead may never die!
My husband and I are huge Game of Thrones fans and this experience was amazing. Brian, our tour guide, was incredibly knowledgeable and full of energy. I could not recommend this tour more!
- 07:30 Meet the guide in front of Jurys Inn hotel, Great Victoria Street, Belfast
The coach will arrive around 07:30. It will have ‘Eamonn Rooney’ written on the side.
- 07:45 Departure
Depart from Jurys Inn taking the Causeway Coastal Route, passing Carrickfergus Castle and Magheramorne Quarry, location of Castle Black and the Wall.
- Comfort stop at Carnlough
Morning comfort stop for coffee and restrooms.
- Photo stop at Cushendun Caves
Photo stop in the caves where Melisandre gave birth to a dark spirit.
- Cross Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge
Cross Carrick-a-rede rope bridge, but don’t look down, it’s 30m (98 ft) to the rocks below!
- Visit Renly’s Camp and Iron Islands Kingsmoot
Larrybane Chalk Quarry, where Brienne bested Ser Loras Tyrell and Catelyn brought news of Robb’s rebellion to Renly and his army. Also the location of the Iron Islands Kingsmoot in season 6.
- Lunch in the Fullerton Arms
A charming guesthouse, restaurant and pub in Ballintoy on the north coast, see www.fullerton-arms.com.
- Visit the Iron Islands
Visit to Ballintoy Harbour, location where Theon came ashore on Pyke Island, where Theon later rededicated his faith to the ‘Drowned God’, where Ser Davos seeks the help of Salladhor Saan for the Battle of Blackwater Bay, and where Gendry escapes Dragonstone in a rowing boat.
- Visit the Giant’s Causeway
Visit to the UNESCO World Heritage site, the geological marvel of 40,000 interlocking basalt columns, formed in the Paleogene Period, 50-60 million years ago.
- Photo stop at the Dark Hedges
Photo stop at the haunting avenue of beech trees, through which Arya and Gendry escaped King’s Landing.
- 17:30 arrival at Jurys Inn
Arrival and drop-off of all customers at Jurys Inn coach bay.
- Please wear outdoor footwear and dress appropriately for the Northern Irish weather.
- This tour is not recommended for anyone with limited mobility. Although this is a coach tour, please note that this coach tour also includes two long walks, one in the morning at Carrick-a-Rede rope bridge (2kms), the other in the afternoon at the Giant’s Causeway (2kms). Please wear outdoor footwear and dress appropriately for the Northern Irish weather.
- This tour includes a ticket to cross the Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge (pictured above) at no extra cost. Please be advised that in high winds, the rope bridge closes but the spectacular cliff walk to and from the rope bridge remains open to the public.
- NOTE: Lunch is not included in the ticket price
We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled a day or less before event
Under 18s Policy
Please note that:
1. Game of Thrones® is full of adult content and is rated 18+ in the UK and Ireland
2. Our tours include walking treks, often over uneven surfaces, and
3. We have swords and other props on the coach
Accordingly, we do not permit children under the age of 12 to do any of our tours. This is why there is no children’s ticket price. If you purchase a ticket for a young person between 12 and 18, we need a written waiver from a parent or guardian. Please email us at email@example.com, stating the Booking ID and young person’s age.